Can't find a role that looks quite right? Submit your information, and we'll keep your name on file. We'll reach out to you if something comes up that looks like a good fit!
The purpose of the Lead Designer is to lead the design team in generating ecologically-impactful designs for every client, and to ensure that the SOG standards for design, client experience, and employee experience are upheld within the design team.
● Ensure that an amazing client experience is upheld, and provide valuable education along the client journey to enroll them in our values and practices as they express in their specific design.
● Integrate research and company best-practices based on our values into designs
● Manage the design team
● Hold performance reviews and regular feedback sessions
● Hold team accountable to process, standards, and timeline
● Set and manage the design calendar
● Provide feedback to the Operations Director to refine and execute the VE process
● Continue to optimize the design process to improve efficiency
● Oversee team hiring and off-boarding
● Train the design team and new design staff
● Meet regularly with designers to make sure their questions are answered and the
designs embody SOG’s best practices and values.
● Measure and record relevant KPIs
● Hold team accountable to KPIs
● Execute tactical work in the yearly strategic plan and work closely with the Operations
Director to ensure that the strategy is effective and progressing
● Provide sales process feedback to the Operations Director
● Coordinate with Marketing team and Education team to integrate design feedback
and client FAQs into digital products and content streams
● Maintain appropriate load of clients and projects, also functioning as a designer
● Make sure the design team has the support and tools that they need to be able to do
their jobs well
● Oversee that client-facing deliverables are visually compelling
● And other duties as delegated by the Operations Director
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Experience managing a team
● Fluency in LandFX CAD, Adobe Suite and GSuite.
● Fluency in ecological design, edible, medicinal, and regionally-appropriate plants
● Strong aesthetic understanding of the built environment
● Fluency in water management strategies
● Excellent time management skills
● Ability to self-direct work
● Ability to work directly with clients, and appropriately manage expectations
● 5+ years professional experience in landscape design and/or landscape architecture
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
This is a dynamic position that requires the ability to shift between a variety of tasks easily. As the team leader, the Lead Designer needs to be comfortable with giving kind yet clear
feedback, and also the ability to receive and integrate feedback. At Shades of Green, we value hard conversations and the ways they allow us to deepen trust with our team members. You will regularly shift from independent design drafting to client calls and presentations, and will need to adapt our process to meet the needs of the project. You will conduct site visits with designers, coach your staff, meet with team members individually and as a group, and conduct regular feedback and performance reviews. Your role as a leader is to inspire and cultivate your team, connecting them back to their purpose and the company’s purpose so they see their work as both meaningful and inspiring.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
40 hrs/week. Compensation between $65,000-$80,000/year commensurate with experience. Includes PTO, sick pay, paid holidays, continuing ed stipend, and profit sharing.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you!
Please email your resume, portfolio, 3 references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org